ROCK SCHOOL

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

ROCK SCHOOL

Postby UNB Rock & Ice Club » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:18 pm

Hey guys,

This weekend the UNB Rock & Ice Club is hosting Advanced and Entry-Level Rock School.

This is our itinerary for the weekend. We don't own the cliff but we would appreciate a bit of room if possible. There are over 650 routes in the province -This is a great weekend to go explore other crags! I'm sure people can climb Snakepeel another weekend... If that causes a problem, please respond here or PM me.

Advanced Saturday: We will be at Pyramid (on the Pyramid) , right end of Joe's and right end of Exfoliated. Basically where it's easy to set-up TRs from the top.

Advanced Sunday: We're splitting our group. Half will go do multipitch trad at L-Shape/ Light Fandango (9 total climbers).
The other half - 9 climbers will be at Sunnyside. There's more than enough rock there for everyone.

Entry-Level Saturday: They will be going to Bald Peak. I'm sure it won't screw up anyone's plan.

Entry-Level Sunday: Bottom of L-Shape, Right end of Joe's and Pyramid

Again, you might want to consider climbing elsewhere this weekend, especially avoiding the entry-level group (because there are many of them in a concentrated area). I know I wouldn't want to be in the middle of their group when there are free routes all over the place.

That being said, we'll be camping at the Farmer's field and welcome any community members to join us.

Cheers,
Dom
Built By Climbers... For Climbers
UNB Rock & Ice Club

Re: ROCK SCHOOL

Postby Stacey » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 am

One nice thing with the lower than normal temps - NO bugs! :)

though I hear the horses still nip :twisted: be safe Dom! hehe
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Re: ROCK SCHOOL

Postby Dom » Fri May 02, 2014 10:19 pm

Reminder
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Return to New Brunswick