Huge Thanks to Dom

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Huge Thanks to Dom

Postby Shawn B » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:18 pm

Here's a huge shout out to Dom for his many efforts both time and $$ he has been spending improving Cochrane Lane. Retro'ing old bolts and cleaning established routes gets no recognition beyond an occasional thanks from those who know him. No FA, no "upgraded by", no naming rights, etc. All the work, none of the "glory". Way to go Dom. Much appreciated by me. Cheers.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Re: Huge Thanks to Dom

Postby *Chris* » Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:37 pm

+1 . I've said it before and I'll say it again... Nice work!
*Chris*

Postby Fred » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:02 pm

dido
I want to go to hell... there's probably lots of rock to climb there.
Fred
Site Admin

Postby Ken P » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:49 pm

I've had the chance to thank many of you in person over the years - so thanks again and thank you to the guys and gals that I don't know personally for all your efforts. I don't get out as much as I would like, but when I do, I sure enjoy myself.

I'll be picking up some hardware to contribute.

Thanks Again!
Ken P

Postby Dom » Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:51 am

Hey thanks guys. I've been climbing at CL for 2 years and that place has given me so much, I felt it was time to give back.

I'd like to thank everyone that has contributed to making CL the best cliff in Eastern Canada. Like you said Shawn I get the occasional thanks, but I think some people that have contributed don't even get that! So thank you to the people that donate hardware, the route developpers, the guidebook authors, the route scrubbers, the rebolters, the people that pick up the trash, the ones that fix up the trail, the ones that take care of the sign-in book, the ones that help out newbies, the people giving out pertinent info on this forum, the military for the land use agreement etc., etc.

Ken P wrote: I'll be picking up some hardware to contribute.

I don't know what you had in mind to contribute but a suggestion would be picking up anchors.
These seem to be the best value and will last forever http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441931865&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302691197

Again this is a suggestion, if you had something else in mind go for it!! Thanks for contributing.
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Greg » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:17 pm

I agree Shawn. Thanks Dom for some fine efforts in the stewardship department.
Greg

Postby Stacey » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:43 am

I concur...thanks to Dom, and those like him...we all get to enjoy some great climbing... :D
''When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.''
~John Muir
Stacey

Postby theriault » Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:46 am

A Big +1 on your part Dom!
Marty
theriault

Return to New Brunswick