Tour for outta-towner

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

Tour for outta-towner

Postby andriy » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:59 pm

Hello keen NB ice folks,

I'm flying into your wonderful region from the smog of Ontario and looking forward to checking out NB ice. I've dreamed of checking out the ice in the bay of Fundy for the past 6 or so years... Climbing off the beach onto an ice line undercut by the tide is fascinating. Although I couldn't convince a partner to join me, I'm flying out to Moncton this Friday and am staying for a week, under the guise of meeting my gf's family. Tides should be ideal for fundy climbing this weekend. I may even be able to get out for a day mid-week and again on Saturday of the Family Day weekend... Weather and ice conditions have been fickle recently, but this last bit of cold has hopefully encouraged some ice formation...

I'd love to check out:
- Nautical Disaster
- the Controls et al near St. Martin's
- Grand Manan
- Discombobulated (Cap D'Or)
and/or whatever else you think'd make for a fun day out.

I'll have my usual kit with me, a rental car and would love to get to know the NB scene... Anybody interested in a fun game of "sand-bag the outta-towner"?

cheers,
Andriy
http://www.kolos.ca
akolosAAAAAAAAATTThotmailDoTcom
andriy

Re: Tour for outta-towner

Postby Stef » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Sorry to disappoint, but you picked a bad year for coastal ice. It has been unusually warm this year. So far only the flower pot wall in St. Martins seems to have come in on the coast. Maybe this week of cold weather will improve things however. Your 'B' plan should include Parllee Brook if things aren't great on the coast.

Cheers,

S.
Stef

Postby coryhal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:10 pm

well be out climbing this weekend, and could always use another partner. id like to climb in saint martins, this week should thicken things up nicely, or maby little salmon river. im also looking for a partner for friday if ur interested.
give me a call @ 506-849-3400 and maby we can figure somthing out.
coryhal

Postby coryhal » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:43 pm

coryhal

Return to New Brunswick