NH Guidebook

Home of Welsford's Cochrane Lane Cliffs.

Moderators: PeterA, chossmonkey, Stacey, Dom, granite_grrl, Greg, Joe

NH Guidebook

Postby *Chris* » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:39 am

Just learned that the guidebook for Cathedral/Whitehorse is out of print. Does anyone have a copy that they'd lend me over the Thanksgiving long weekend? Also a Rumney guide would be nice but not as essential. You wouldn't want Chris jumping on some 13.d by accident and sending would you?
*Chris*

Re: NH Guidebook

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 am

*Chris* wrote:Just learned that the guidebook for Cathedral/Whitehorse is out of print. Does anyone have a copy that they'd lend me over the Thanksgiving long weekend? Also a Rumney guide would be nice but not as essential. You wouldn't want Chris jumping on some 13.d by accident and sending would you?

Chris, I'm going on the trip with you and have both guides. Only thing is they're packed away till Wednesday. Since Jill voluntold you to help me move you can grab them then heh.
Adam

Postby Dom » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

You guys should also hit Cannon cliff. It's the tallest cliff in N-H and only about 30min north of Rumney on I-93.

There is an online topo at http://mountainproject.com/v/new_hampsh ... /105872275

The uber classics are Moby grape and Whitney Gilman's ridge.

remember one thing when you are in N-H: buckle up if you're under 18.... hahaha
So much rock, so little time
Dom

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:43 am

Dombackpacker wrote:You guys should also hit Cannon cliff.

We plan on it :)
Adam

Postby Shawn B » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:26 pm

trad_reborn wrote:We plan on it :)

Who hacked Adam's account? :)

Expect the book due just in time for Christmas....Odyssey of a Sport Climber Gone Wild.

Nice to see you coming back to your senses young man. :) As wussy as it sounds, tape gloves will be your friend on Reppys. Might be a bit chilly then to be on Cannon. They usually ice climb by end of Oct. We suffered last Sat in sub zero windchill. Here's a better photo-topo: http://www.summitpost.org/view_object.p ... _id=406844
Take lots of cord it you plan on bailing above P2...no established raps/tat currently there contrary to topos and descriptions.
Safety third!!!
Shawn B

Postby Adam » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:36 pm

Shawn B wrote:Who hacked Adam's account? :)

Haha, yah i don't know what has come over me the past few weeks... been climbing trad again and am even planning on going up to minkey soon! lmao

thanks for the descent beta... i'd hope to walk off but doesn't hurt to be prepared.

tape gloves are the condoms of crack climbing.
Adam

Return to New Brunswick